Monday, October 8, 2007

5 Running Days Into This Mess

Tonight will be night number 6. I have a dog park meeting after work and it's Bluegrass (you know bluegrass music with banjos, mandolins, etc.) night at the local pub with some of my friends playing so I don't really want to run (or attempt to run) tonight. I can do it Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday this week. I'm also hoping to start working out next week. If I can talk my personal trainer into actually training me. Most of you know that one of my bestest friends, Bruce, is a personal trainer with his own studio so it's not as though I'm actually able to afford his services...but he's going to work out with me a couple of times to get me back into the swing of things and then I'm going to venture out on my own with him giving me the schedule of things to do. I haven't worked out in 15 months so it will take some getting used to but I used to love it. Can you believe I said that?? I did though. I felt stronger and healthy and just plain better. It was always a challenge to me. I wanted to be the first girl at the studio to bench press with actual weight on the bar. Did it. I wanted to be the only one at the studio that could do a thousand crunches. Did it. I can still probably do at least 500 right now. Anyway, I think it really helps the stress level too. I'm also going to take a self defense class in November which will help get some frustrations out. I feel the need to kick somebody's ass. I need to try to figure out how to turn the running thing into more of a challenge. Not that running 13.1 miles in 200 days isn't challenge enough. I need to mentally wrap myself around this thing so that I can get through it physically. A friend who runs says that he almost meditates while running. I'm not much of a meditator but to get that mentally into it would help get through it on the physical level. I don't know. I'm just blabbering now. More later...

2 comments:

Lodmell said...

I am impressed. Keep it up! I keep setting my alarm to go to the gym in the mornings so I can get home and shower before everyone gets up, but 6:00 is way too early when I normally don't get to bed until 11:30. I am with you, I know it will totally make me feel better and stress less, if only I could just get started. I am proud of you!! Keep running.
Will we see you soon? The girls are dying to go get pumpkins.

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed that you're training for the Mini. I'm training for a 5K. I'm planning to the Anthem Fitness 5K in March. I'm doing the Couch to 5K program and find it really manageable and even, dare I say it, enjoyable.