Monday, October 1, 2007

Day 2

Well, day 2 proved to be worse than day 1. Didn't think it would be possible. We ran, probably, twice the distance we did the first day. I talked to my nephew Daniel (who just graduated from UK with degree in Kinesiology - the study of human movement) who suggested we run slower but longer distances and rest less in between the 'dots.' I told him that I was finding it easier to run faster but shorter distances. So we tried it his way and it was much better.

Rita and I are running at night at a park by our houses. Her mom knows where we are and when we leave so I'm not to afraid to be running over there. I'm going to start carrying my pepper spray, just in case. But the whole point in telling you this is that on our second run we were on our last leg (almost literally) and really having to push each other to get through it and we were laughing hysterically because if you had only heard us - you would have thought someone was having a baby in the park...with all the hooting and hollering and "push!" and "oh my God" and "you can do it" going on...

No comments: