Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It wasn't that bad!

It really wasn't. While I was doing it it wasn't great but I survived and will do it again. I'm just a little sore and I need to figure out the whole shoe thing - ones that won't make the toes on my left foot go numb...

While faced with having to move my feet faster than normal I was struck with the enormity of my situation. I'm having trouble running from one bench to the other or one tree to the picnic table how in God's name am I going to run 13.1 miles?!?! But what I figured out is that I'm a kid with a coloring book and I'm doing dot-to-dot. All I have to do is figure out how to connect the dots. It won't happen the first time or even the 50th time but it will happen.

I think the key for me is going to be to set mini goals for my mini marathon challenge. If I run today I get to take the longest, hottest shower of all time. It's the little things. This is going to suck big time (I can't stress the sucking or the big time enough) but at the end of April I will have finished running a mini-marathon. How cool is that gonna be?

Anyway, I did it. I went out there in the heat and ran. (Ooohh! and it was daylight and there were people around and I still did it. If I could do all of this in a closet where nobody could see my fat ass jiggling around I would.)

No comments: