Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Let's Get the Party Started!

I haven't run a step yet but beware! The craziness is about to begin. I was to start my adventure yesterday (because it says so on my "Training Schedule" so it must be true) but unfortunately I got a cold from my 8 month old great niece. Thank you Lauren!! I mean, darn.



I talked my 18 year old neighbor, Rita, into doing this crazy thing with me. She is a very reluctant participant, as am I. But better to suffer in two's, right?

I'll tell you a little about Rita because you already know about me. I have lived across the street from Rita and her family for 5 1/2 years and they have become good friends. I've practically seen her grow up. She's the younger sister I never had. She's a freshman at UofL and works part time at a florist. She's quite the artist and loves animals. The best part...she agreed to do this crazy, awful thing with me. Because of her schedule we are going to walk/run together on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays and maybe some Sundays.

Since I'm sick we are going to just start out walking. What am I saying? We are just going to start walking because we are both wimps. We are going to try to go by our "Training Schedule" but I think it will have to be modified from time to time...

No comments: