Friday, September 7, 2007

really sad...

It's really sad. I've lied already. I had fried chicken today. I haven't officially started running so I guess it's ok. I think I might eat my brains out this weekend. Nothing that isn't fried!

My cold has now gone into my chest so there is no way I could breath and run at the same time. If I could do them individually I might be ok but I don't think it works that way.

I've had some great encouragement already from some of you. (funny how the reaction has been from people who married into the family and not any of the family who has responded...hmmm...interesting...)

One of them alluded to...I can't really say it but it referred to something that not everyone has experienced but would really love to experience...much like the runner's high. He has experienced it twice but there was a lot of pain prior to the high...I'm still anxious to experience it. He also said that he really hopes that I go through with this because finishing a race was one of the most rewarding experiences of his life. How great is that??

I really hope I can stick it out too. What am I talking about?? I hope I actually start this fool thing!

more later....

2 comments:

Lodmell said...

Well.. if you makes you feel any better. I have this silly cold too and trying to take care of three children with it too. NOT FUN!!! I hope you are feeling better soon!
Also.. we are totally behind you on this!! I support you and rooting (sp?) for you to make it! I wish I had stuck to it two years ago when I said I was going too. Good luck!!

runningfool said...

Thanks honey! Somebody better be behind me (with a cattle prod) or else I won't stick with it either!